Sunday, November 2, 2008

the upcoming hike : 7-10 Nov

Hello, welcome back! :)

Seriously seriously, if I have a lot of time doing nothing nowadays, I would rather sleep or facebook, than updating my poor bloggie. I guess this will be my once in a week post because I only visit my blog to link to some other blogs everyday, and not posting something here. So, please bear with me. I am sorry that there are no pictures in my blog again, erm, I don't know why.

I guess a bunch of us are excited that this week is finally here! And that Friday is approaching real soon. Ok, why Friday?

Because.....

Its our first major hike to Gunung Batu Puteh in Tapah, Perak. More like it is situated at the border of Perak and Pahang. So, yeah, whatever. Take note that this mountain is 2131 meters. Imagine, it is almost 5 times the KL Tower height? KL Tower is basically 421 meters. So, yes, yours truly is trying out something really really interesting, new and challenging (very challenging actually). :)

I have no idea what to imagine right now for and about the hike. I guess I will do what Roderick said: Empty your cup of coffee and start filling the cup again. Throw away all your thoughts, experience it yourself. Fill the cup as you go on.

Its not cheap to go for a hike. You see, people like me, the first timer will need a lot of new things. Such as, headtorch which costs me RM35.90, a water proof jacket, a hiking bag (I want to invest in one but mummy said no), hiking shoe which won't cost me more than RM100, and lots more. NO! This is definitely not a complain, lol, its just, sharing my first time hiking expenses with you guys. :)

Why am I so into running and climbing mountain or hills nowadays? Hmm.. I don't really have a reason to that question. For one, I know running keeps myself more persevere, because I just cannot run halfway and quit. Same goes to climbing, I cannot reach the peak and said, 'I don't want to do this anymore' or 'argh, I will just roll down, save time'. It helps in building a whole new personality and attitude that are way more positive and enriches our life experiences. Not everyone goes climbing, I bet. If I didn't choose to join Infinity Milers, I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't have experienced any mountain climbing nor running once in a week. Another plus point is that, I got to know a bunch of super cool and helpful people in the club. :)

Since I am going for the climb, I have something to update in collaboration with the hike. My calendar says:
November is the month of TEAMWORK - teamwork is a collective efforts of individuals working on towards a common goal, sharing mutual success.

Again, the 'TEAMWORK' and its explanation is meant for all of us. The common goal will be reaching every peak safe and sound and touching down the ground on 10th Nov happy and satisfy. The success is that, we made it and all the hard work will be paid off. :)

p/s: I pray I won't be eaten and also a minimum amount of leeches please! Lol! I shall update about 'the list' after the hike!

Tah-tah people. Take care!

1 comment:

HeartzOfGold said...

uh.. i remember roderick saying it's emptying a cup of tea and not coffee.. anyway, don't worry about being eaten.. between you and starvation, i'd choose to the latter..

=P